Big time! Partners! It's time for the fourth Laborial Stone Scavenger Hunt Clue. Find the stone and be crowned King Laborial. You'll get free drinks all day and we will make you wear a stupid hat. First take a good look at the stone:
Here's the fourth clue! Happy hunting! We'll post another clue every week!
Throngs of bathers will surround your stone, but if they are swimming nude they'll be sent home.
Allright guys! Happy hunting. Be sure to join us for Laborial Day on Sunday June 16. More information below!
Join Trivia Mafia as we celebrate the ancient traditions of Laborial Day with a trivia pub crawl through beautiful Northeast Minneapolis!
Sunday, June 16, 2013
The Hunt for the Laborial Stone begins June 2
(the finder of the stone will be crowned king or queen of Laborial Day, a feted with gifts.)
The Laborial Day Trivia Pub crawl starts and ends at the 331 Club (331 13th Ave. NE, Mpls).
The crowning of the King/Queen of Laborial Day, the eating of the Laboreos,
and Trivia Mafia's regular weekly trivia will follow at 8 PM.
What is Laborial Day?
It's an ancient pagan celebration landing exactly halfway between Labor Day and Memorial Day.
What are the Laborial Day traditions?
They are many:
- Since the days of the ancients, trivia lovers have convened on Laborial Day to match wits in mental challenges while quaffing libations on a circuitous tour of area ale-houses. Today we call this a "trivia pub crawl."
- We do this while wearing black AND white, because for many millennia people have argued about when it's appropriate to wear white. These are the sacred colors of Laborial Day.
- We eat ceremonial black cookies with sacred white creamy filling, known as Laboreos. Served plain or a la mode.
- We drink of the Dark and Laborial.
- They hunt for the Laborial Stone, a scavenger hunt throughout the Twin Cities. Clues are posted daily beginning June 2, usually in rhyme or something close to it. The finder of the stone is crowed the King and/or Queen of Laborial Day, is toasted by the trivia masses, and receives many other fabulous prizes and gifts.
Does it cost money to participate in Laborial Day?
No! It's free!
When does it happen?
The Laborial Day Pub Crawl leaves the 331 Club in Northeast Minneapolis at 5 PM. It returns at 8 PM, in time for the 331's weekly trivia night.
How do I sign up?
You just show up at the 331 Club at 5 PM on Sunday, June 16.
Check it out, Laborial Day even has it's own theme song (written and performed by Greg Reese):